The best way to make money with affiliate marketing
If you’re looking around for advice on how to make money by affiliate marketing, you’ve probably already found lots of step-by-step guides that tell you how to set up a new website or monetize an existing website in order to earn a commission.
However, it is entirely possifble to be a successful affiliate and earn sometimes significant amounts of cash with affiliate programs, without having a website at all.
Whilst a website of your own is a useful tool to sell and promote affiliate products and services, if you want to get started without a website or want to avoid setting one up entirely, this article will tell you how to do it, and give you some tips on how to get going.
How to make money online without a website
The basic principles of successfully working with an affiliate scheme are more or less universal, regardless of the platforms that you use to showcase your content and funnel traffic to your partners.
Many affiliates choose to do this by channeling traffic, interest, and visitors to their own central website and then use links within the website to send such traffic on to the affiliate partner site, where these hits are registered to their commission account.
The benefit of doing it this way is that you can choose how you describe and present the affiliate offers in question, integrating your own incentives and calls to action after your website has served as a lead funnel.
However, if you want to cut out the website part of things entirely, and simplify things by using affiliate links to funnel traffic directly from an ad or promotion to the third-party affiliate site, this approach can be highly effective too.
There are several ways of making affiliate commissions without using a website, such as by using a blog instead or placing adverts, promotions, links, and incentives on external platforms that lead directly to the affiliate content.
In order to do this, you will need to be able to identify the demographics of people who will be interested in buying what you sell, work out where they hang out online and target them there in the right way to catch their attention and encourage them to follow one of your links.
The possibilities are almost endless when it comes to finding new channels to advertise your goods and reach your prospects – and inventive, adventurous affiliates who are prepared to put the work in often find this highly profitable, negating the need for a website entirely.
How to make money with affiliate programs
Because the same principles apply when it comes to bringing in traffic and earning cash with or without a website, there are lots of different ways to use affiliates schemes to make money – affiliate programs are ultimately designed to be flexible and adaptive, to ensure the best chances of their partners achieving success.
It is worth outlining, therefore, the basic steps involved in making money with affiliate programs, which are universal to all partners and promoters.
Identifying, reaching, and targeting a select demographic is the beginning, and then tailoring your content to speak to them in the right way to gain their attention is the next step. When you have achieved this, you need to use an appropriate and relevant call to action to convert that first look into a click, action, or sale.
Again, it bears repeating that it doesn’t matter how you do this, as long as you achieve the desired end result – there is no hidden secret! Make money successfully using links and promotions but no website, and your bottom line and commissions will remain the same as if you had channeled your traffic via a website in the first place.
This is one of the advantages of using affiliate schemes to make money online – you can approach the process and try out different things with freedom, and generally, have ultimate control over your business and how you operate it, without being restricted by rules or directions on how and where you can promote your content.
Make money online without a website
If you want to know how to make money with affiliate links without a website, the sky is virtually the limit for committed affiliates who are willing to think outside of the box.
Here are some suggestions on how to make money by affiliate marketing directly to your prospects, without using a website as a lead funnel.
• Set up a blog, or monetize an existing blog and integrate links and promotions organically within your content.
• Find complementary websites that attract the same demographics as your target audience but that are not in competition with you, and ask to place adverts within their content.
• Make contact with a mobile app and game ad service providers, and target the rich stream of potential income that mobile browsers represent, by integrating ads into apps, games and mobile websites.
• Explore AdTech and programmatic ad buying, and consider using this highly targeted approach to promoting your content across multiple channels without losing control of your ad budget.
• Set up news and trend alerts and use these as inspiration for your ads and promotions, and use trending topics and hashtags to promote and showcase your content.
• Join online forums that appeal to your target demographics, and take the same approach to forum posting.
• Don’t ignore the power of influencers – if you can find an influencer that serves your niche and incentivize them to give your product a shout out or try it and review it, you can get the attention of their fans and followers too, with the added layer of authenticity that an influencer recommendation can bring.
• Be willing to go the extra mile and reach out to individuals. Taking a finely tuned, personal approach to making sales can be time-consuming, and is unlikely to be effective as your main marketing model – but it can help you to secure additional buyers who require a little extra persuasion, and this can be very profitable if you sell high-value goods or win repeat custom.
• Finally, always keep track of where you have placed ads and promotions or integrated links and incentives – and review them alongside your affiliate analytics to establish what is working and what isn’t paying its way.